- watching The Price is Right
- drinking 40oz.'s
- ate at a Chinese buffet
- watching Jeopardy
- checking the mail
- mourning the conclusion of July 2008
- registering money on Where's George
- not doing laundry, cleaning, or going to the grocery store
- I was honked at by a guy on a Vespa in a, 'damnnnn you're hot girl' sort of honk
31 July 2008
29 July 2008
- I have been in panic mode being that July is practically done ... this has led to writers/ listers block/ overwhelmed with life and unable to write block.
- I won one of these on ebay today
- I watch Army Wives
- I used to like my handwriting ... now I don't
- I never dot i's ... it's inefficient
- Jeopardy is having their tournament of champions this week and next week ... which is awesome
- concurring Sudoku puzzles makes me feel smart
- I can't remember the last time I saw lightening bugs or ate honeysuckle ... or the last time I saw honeysuckle or ate lightening bugs
25 July 2008
24 July 2008
- South Carolina
- North Carolina
- New Jersey
- New York
- New Hampshire
- Rhode Island
23 July 2008
"I have to go pick up someone's intestines that are lying on my sidewalk
before Stephanie [my sister] gets grossed out. Cleaning up dead things -
maybe that is why I feel like I do at 50."
She was referring to the carnage ensued by the family cat. My parents treat him like he is their 4th child ... but he is actually the devil in disguise. He kills things, constantly ... and then he drags them home. His victims include:
- moles, additionally, he has released a live mole in the house ... that then had to be coaxed out
- baby rabbits
- grown up rabbits
- birds, including cardinals ... you'd think birds could escape his wrath by flying
- field mice
- he has also brought home a live, seemingly unharmed baby bunny
- and his oddest kill? - a frog ... or toad, either way it's bizarre
22 July 2008
- Bud Light
- Bud Ice
- Bud Ice Light
- Bud Light Lime
- Budweiser Select
- Budweiser & Clamato
- Michelob Light
- Michelob Ultra
- Michelob Ultra Amber
- Michelob Honey Lager
- Michelob AmberBock
- Busch Light
- Natural Light
- Natural Ice
- Bare Knuckle Stout
- Rolling Rock
- Shock Top
- Beach Bum Blond Ale
- Jack's Pumpkin Spice Ale
- Winter's Bourbon Cask Ale
- ... and Budweiser American Ale (scheduled to be out this fall)
21 July 2008
- I left my apartment on Saturday morning
- I-81 was shut down because of some stupid brush fire, so I was stuck for 45 minutes
- meanwhile I got a call from the tubers saying they were ready to go and didn't feel like waiting for me, AND said they would be back around 3:00pm.
- TIMEOUT: in hindsight, this is when I should have just turned around and went back to Fairfax ... they couldn't be bother to wait for me, while I was on my way there ... therefore conveying that they were indifferent to the fact that I was even going.
- so I made it to the campsite at 11:45am.
- I immediately observed that the white trash of America flocks to this place
- I also noticed that generic Crocs and Miley Cyrus clothes/ beach towels are must-haves in the white trash scene.
- I kept myself entertained for the afternoon
- I went to the lake
- I walked around
- I went to the pool
- I read my book
- I was scowled at when I drove the wrong way on a gravel path
- then 3:00pm came and went
- and then 4:00pm did the same thing
- and then I decided I waited long enough
- so I left
- at 5:30pm I got a call from the tubers asking where I was, and telling me how much fun they had on the river.
- on my way back to Fairfax I had to stop for gas
- I was happy because I found a cheap gas station
- but then the gas pump got stuck on ... and by 'on' I mean spraying gas everywhere ... and by 'everywhere' I mean all over me, my car, and the ground
- this thoroughly entertained the group of 15+ bikers who were at the gas station; who hooted and hollered during my battle with the gas pump.
- Conclusion: 12 hours after I left for a day on the water, I got back home ... having spent no time on the water, and smelling like gasoline.
19 July 2008
- tubing at Jellystone this weekend
- Dave Matthews concert in VA Beach on August 7th
- Bruce Springsteen concert in Richmond on August 18th
- escaping the wrath of my uber dud roommates end of August
18 July 2008
15 July 2008
- I have been in a list slump since Thursday
- I hate my cell phone
- working is lame
- not working is lamer ... or is it?
- I want to name one of my children Loehmann to show my appreciation for discount shopping
- I've been eating cottage cheese lately
- I need to shave my legs
- I got a card in the mail from Gav yesterday ... it made my day
- A while back, my brother sent Cat Osterman a letter ... on Saturday he received a 2 page hand written letter and 3 autographed pictures from her.
11 July 2008
If you know me at all, you probably are well aware of the fact that I hate spending money. It doesn't matter the amount, or the purchase, it just never sits well with me. Heck, I have been known to snatch change from the 'need a penny, give a penny' things as well as take money out of the tip jars are coffee shops to contribute to my purchase.
This brings me to my picture of the day. It is my little brother's birthday, and I stumbled upon a card that I really liked, however, since it plays music, it is far too expensive for a darn birthday card ... but I reluctantly bought it and have been scowling at it ever since, and considered returning it. So, remedy to this situation? --- Post-its! I'll give the card to him, and then be able to re-use it by simply peeling my birthday message off! Assuming I give it to someone else, it'll be a 2 for the price of 1 deal ... and nothing makes me more happy than saving money!
10 July 2008
- yesterday afternoon, when the coast was clear, I stepped on the corner of one of them
- ... and I got stuck
- so I panicked
- as a result I put my other foot on the sticky thing in order to pick up stuck foot #1
- as a result foot 1 and foot 2 were trapped like mice
- finally I was able to free myself
- I left 2 human shoe prints on the mouse catching pad
- and to make things worse, the bottom of my shoes were sticky for the rest of the day, and made relatively loud noises as I walked across floors
- I guess I should feel relieved that I made it out alive
09 July 2008
- the stadium itself is beautiful, very open ... and it was cool to walk in and be right behind center field
- easy to maneuver
- I agree with all the hype about the food options within the stadium ... a large selection, as well as an impressive array of eateries throughout DC and NOVA
- I am a converted believer ... I think the stadium and businesses that will sprout up around the area could do wonders for that cesspool area of DC
- cheerful employees ... everyone I encountered who worked there was overly nice and friendly
- ... and not that I ever have anything nice to say about the inefficient train-wreck (get it?) know as the metro, but I was impressed with the crowd control and the way they were able to heard 1,000s of people through a single metro station rather painlessly
08 July 2008
- D.C. Police cruiser set on fire with fireworks
- Man sentenced to eight years for bringing young girl to D.C. to join prostitution ring
- Beautician to testify against Harriette Walters in tax office case
- Reinstated police officers are suing the District for $140 million.
07 July 2008
- being that I decided to stay in N.N. last night, I had to be on the road at 5.00 a.m. this morning
- having to go to work in general
- my boss being at the office
- the conversation that ended:
Boss: ... you should have let me know that last week
Liz wanted to say: First of all you were on vacation last week, and secondly this is the third time I have mentioned this to you
- checking my credit card statement online and noticing that they have not credited my last payment
- speaking of which, I have bills to pay
- I am tired
- it is only Monday
- traffic was crappy this morning
- I am hungry
- I don't feel like working
- I don't feel like spending money on lunch
- I wish I was more tan
- I left my iPod at my parent's house
- I would like a nice cocktail
- I am out of rum
... maybe after lunch I'll be in a better mood.
03 July 2008
- My Dad doesn't show emotion ... just like me.
- Me: Gee, how did they keep track of book before computers?
- Finnigan: I suppose they used to keep track of due dates in notebooks ... and before that they chiseled the due dates in stone.
- I'm going to start greeting the patrons with, "our name is Liz, how may I help you."
- I like confusing people, it is fun.
02 July 2008
So today at work, there were 2 goobers at the office to show and let us sample new coffee and some snazzy new coffee machine. Since I sit around the corner from the kitchen, I was able to hear their pitch over and over again. One guy was absolutely obnoxious, and kept saying things like:
- I should work here ... you're office is filled with pretty women. (he said that at 2 separate times throughout the morning)
- Co-worker: "This is really good"
Coffee Guy: "You can tell me that all day"
- ... how about when your job gets shipped to Bangladesh?
- Hilary's [Clinton] mouth pours diarrhea every time she speaks ... and I don't blame Bill for cheating on her, I'd cheat on her, too.
- I used to work doing intelligence stuff ... but I really can't talk about that.