- Polar Bears for Palin
27 September 2008
26 September 2008
25 September 2008
On Tuesday I ate lunch with my brother and sister at the Lion's Bridge. The Lion's Bridge/ James River is one of my favorite things about being from the 757. In contrast to it's name, the LB is not a bridge ... is serves as a dam between the James River and Lake Maury. Regardless, I have memories of:
- my dad taking us fishing there
- being bitter about occasionally having to share my fishing poll with BPong
- my sister constantly trying to release the nightcrawlers back into the wild because she was upset about my dad using them for bait
- being traumatized when my dad was bitten by a catfish ... and at the time there seemed to be mass amounts of blood
- swimming in the river before they banned swimming there
- swimming in the river after they banned swimming there
- feeding the ducks
- watching the turtles
- watching amazing sunsets over the river
- sledding in the snow
20 September 2008
The Dairy Queen near my parents' house is have a sale on Blizzards ... Buy 1, get another for $0.23. ... amazing. I have been on a Blizzard a day diet. Hopefully the sale will be over at some point. If I took the time to calculate the time to get there and back, and the money I have spent ... I am at a loss, but at the same time, Blizzards are amazing. Flavors include:
- Cookie Dough
- Georgia Mud Fudge
- Strawberry Cheesequake
- Reese's Pieces
- Chocolate Extreme
Label me this: food
17 September 2008
I went out to the bar for Monday Night Football ... aside from the unfortunate outcome, I was pleasantly surprised by our tab at the bar ... and by pleasantly surprised, I mean ecstatic. My brother, BPong, and I consumed:
- 2 Root Beers
- curly fries
- potato skins
- 3 Miller Lite's
- 3 Michelob Ultra's
... all that for? --- $20.00! ... things like this just don't exist in Northern VA.
16 September 2008
15 September 2008
I decided to go on a day trip over the weekend with some friends ... so we traveled in the car together and then I found myself constantly scowling at my friend who was reading the majority of the way. It is not that I was angry about the reading, it was because merely glancing at a book while in a car will instantly cause me absurd amounts of agony in the form of nausea. ... that got me to thinking about everything else that initiates car sickness for me:
- reading books
- reading magazines
- thinking about any sort of reading
- sitting in the middle
- sitting in the backseat for extended periods of time
- being drunk
- curvy roads
- stop & go traffic
10 September 2008
So I decided I needed to read a series of books ... or books in a series? Instead of picking a "grown-up" series to begin reading ... I decided to conquer The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants books. What was the kicker? Since I'm such a sucker for lists ... the list of rules:
- You must never wash the pants.
- You must never double cuff the pants. It's tacky.
- You must never say the word "phat" while wearing the pants. You must also never think to yourself "I am fat" while wearing the pants.
- You must never let a boy take off the pants (although you may take them off yourself in his presence).
- You must not pick your nose while wearing the pants. You may, however, scratch casually at your nostril while really kind of picking.
- You must follow the procedures for documenting your time in the pants.
- You must write your sisters throughout the summer, no matter how much fun you are having without them.
- You may only possess the pants for the specified length of time before passing them on to one of your sisters. Failure to comply will result in a severe spanking upon our reunion.
- You must not wear the pants with a tucked-in shirt and belt. See rule #2.
- Remember: Pants = love. Love your pals. Love yourself.
Label me this: books
09 September 2008
So my final days in Fairfax ended up being quite hectic
- I was moving out of my apartment
- traveling for work
- finding places to sleep when I was back in town
- hoarding money
- figuring out what I was going to be doing, and not be doing after I moved
- so ... this brings me to now
- I left my job
- I'm staying with my parents
- I came to the conclusion that it was time for a change ... I was/ am just unsure of the specific change
- all I know is (... call me an idealist/ dumb/ naive/ quarter life crisis) is that right now I am not going to settle for a job that I can tolerate ... I want more
- in the mean time, I am taking some time off ... I have foreshadowed my expected expenses and I should have my bases/ bills covered through the end of the year
- I'm hanging out ...
- catching up with friends
- sleeping in 'til 10:00
- going to the dentist
- watching Pineapple Express
- updating my resume
- working on a major update of the List
- ... and don't get me wrong - if the right job presents itself ... I'll be ready to re-join the workforce
03 September 2008
02 September 2008
Can we all agree that Sarah Palin's kids could win a, "I have the most trailer park name" contest anytime, anywhere?
- Bristol ... the 17 year-old knocked up one (fully living up to her potential)
- Piper Indy