- I am looking forward to seeing you.
- Are you excited?
- You have already arrived in other parts of the world.
- If you're not too busy I would appreciate your help in assisting the Eagles with beating the Vikings.
- I'll be at a party when you arrive ... but we'll meet up shortly after that.
- If you see 2008 on his way out, thank him for his time.
- While it was not the most exciting year, it surly wasn't a bad year.
- ... here's to a wonderful year!
31 December 2008
29 December 2008
- One of my favorite parts of, A Christmas Story, is at the very end when you hear Ralphie say, "That was the Christmas I was introduced to Chinese turkey."
- ... well, for me this Christmas ended up being, "the Christmas I was introduced to Spanish mass."
- for the past few years my family has gone to the 8:00pm mass on Christmas Eve
- ... this year the 8:00pm mass was the Spanish mass ... I guess no one payed close enough attention to the bulletin
- anyway, I observed/ lived the following:
- we were not the only obvious non-Spanish speaking family that stumbled into the wrong mass ... we shared that honor with about 5 other families
- pretty much no one showed up until 8. Jockeying for good seats must not be an issue in their culture.
- likewise mass did not start on time
- by far the most popular outfits were jeans, tee shirts, and hoodies ... with Nike's. I'm not even kidding, even the ushers were wearing jeans and sneakers
- the band included maracas
- ... and they actually sang Feliz Navidad
28 December 2008
I think/ hope the few books that I got for Christmas will break me out of my reading slump:
26 December 2008
25 December 2008
24 December 2008
- I saw a green shirt I like the other day, and the first thing that popped in my head was, 'I could wear this on St. Patrick's Day'
- I am looking forward to 2009
- I wish Christmas was as exciting/ magical as it was when I was a kid
- I hope I made the good list
- No one should be alone on Christmas
- ... not even the Grinch
Label me this: confessions
23 December 2008
19 December 2008
14 December 2008
I love Real Simple ... and their January issues is all about lists! ... according to them here is the list of lists that everyone has trouble naming all the components of (does that make sense?):
- 8 planets in the solar system
- 7 dwarfs
- 7 wonders of the world
- 8 reindeer
- 5 oceans
- 7 deadly sins
- 7 continents
- 13 major world deserts
- 10 commandments
13 December 2008
12 December 2008
09 December 2008
07 December 2008
06 December 2008
03 December 2008
... or lack thereof.
- I have been helping my mom shop for a festive holiday shower curtain.
- unfortunately, the shower curtain that we envision does not exist
- I was thinking of a jolly cartoon-ish image of Santa in the bathtub ... with bubbles everywhere, and the words, Ho! Ho! Ho! floating up.
- ... nothing even close
- we have found a few holiday shower curtains
- but they're all lame ... nothing fun and exciting.
- Is Santa in a bathtub too much to ask for?