1 December: Best Trip
I was feeling part of the scenery; I walked right out of the machinery
... my heart going boom boom boom. - P.Gabriel
- Nominees: DC, Knoxville, Boston, Myrtle Beach, Outer Banks, Las Vegas, Richmond Indy Race, Richmond NASCAR, Summer Camp, Obama's Inauguration, Sailing to Florida
- Winner: Sailing to Florida
- I absolutely loved spending November on a boat.
- In many ways things were just easier and life was simplified on a boat.
- Don't get me wrong, there was constantly work to be done, but I was exempt from the daily hassles ... and over stimulation of life on land.
- I was able to exclude myself from: television, 24/7 news coverage, driving, traffic, crowds, waiting in lines, being on my cell phone constantly, Facebook, constant access to the internet, the list goes on ...
- as cheesy as it sounds - there were multiple times when I would look out over the water, either towards the horizon, or towards the shoreline ... during the middle of the day, sunrise, sunset, in the middle of the night ... and I would think to myself, "you're probably never going to be able to re-create this moment" ... and I would enjoy it for all that it was worth.