Answer: I chose not to work.
It's cool, you can call me: idealistic, hippie, stupid, loser, unemployed, spoiled, entitled ... I still stand behind my decision to check out for 2009. I was able to travel, spend time with friends and family, not answer to 'the man.' ... I pretty much lived the life I wanted to live.
- went to the We Are One Inauguration Concert.
- ran ... in addition to the Shamrock 8k, I also did the Filthy 5k Mud Run in Richmond, along with 4 other 5k's throughout the summer and fall.
- visited Boston.
- saw Bruce Springsteen with my mom in Charlottesville, VA.
- lit up Las Vegas.
- saw a NASCAR race.
- watched the Bachelorette Monday nights with good friends.
- rode my bike, a lot.
- spent part of Memorial Day weekend in Nags Head, NC with friends.
- visited with my Grammas on a weekly basis.
- did not turn down any invites to concerts ... ended up seeing No Doubt, Kenny Chesney, DMB, and Rascal Flatts throughout the summer.
- worked at summer camp.
- loved summer camp.
- went to Myrtle Beach with my family.
- went to Busch Gardens bunches of times ... bid a fond farewell to the Big Bad Wolf with good friends.
- trekked out to Knoxville, TN for a long weekend.
- Sailed from Virginia to Florida.
- Spent Thanksgiving on a train headed to VA.
- flew up to New York with my mom and sister for a long weekend before Christmas.