Some kids win the grandparents lottery, and are spoiled on birthdays, holidays, and randomly throughout the year. Generous grandparents may pay for college, help purchase a car, or toss an iPod at you from time to time.
I am not one of these kids. I enjoy and love my Grandmas, BUT I ended up with one who does not celebrate or acknowledge holidays, and another who is the most stingy person I have ever met.
Hence, for my 28th birthday, I received a card with a $5.00 bill in it from my Grandma. Yes, a single $5.00 bill (see picture below).
There are a lot of possibilities for this Mr. Lincoln, including but not limited to:
- 1 - Starbucks beverage
- 1.8 - gallons of gas
- 1 - large bottle of water
- 2 - 40 oz. bottles of malt liquor
- 1 - pint at a bar
- 1 - ticket to a movie during the week OR before noon during the weekend
- 1 - small bottle of hand sanitizer
- 2 - tubes of ChapStick
- 5 - $0.99 iTunes downloads
- 3 - $1.29 iTunes downloads
- 1 - tube of toothpaste
- 4 - misc. items/ treasures from the Dollar Store
- 1 - bottle of rubbing alcohol AND 1 - bottle of peroxide
- 5 - Redbox rentals
- several packs of M&M's, gum, or other candy
- 1 - single subject 5 Star Notebook
- 4 - donuts from Dunkin' Donuts