Gadgets I like: my money jar that counts money
29 April 2010
There's a new kitten in the family ... he doesn't have a name ... I asked for suggestions on Facebook & Twitter, and was bombarded with ideas ... my favorites include:
- Dr. Dre
- Mox ... you know, from Varsity Blues
- Matt Whatley
- High Life
... he likes to sleep.
Label me this: spring
26 April 2010
I was in a panic looking for my car keys today, until I remembered that I left them in my Mom's car .. don't ask, that's an entirely different story. While searching for the keys, I riffled through purse ... it was then that I realized I may be a certified 'bag lady' ... the contents included:
- map of NYC
- map of Charleston, SC
- coaster from Cuchi Cuchi ... in Boston
- toothbrush (new)
- 2 spools of dental floss
- Mother's Day card
- 1 yellow highlighter
- 1 pencil
- 4 pens
- 1 nonworking pen
- nutrition facts card from Tropical smoothie
- 2 tubes of Chapstick
- travel pack of tissues
- hand lotion
- 1 book - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
- Pepto tablets
- box of matches
- roll of Tums
- 2 tampons
25 April 2010
Thanks to LP, I stumbled upon a wedding toast fill in the blank in the paper today. Being that I am slated to be in a wedding this June, I filled it in Mad Libs style accordingly ... and by accordingly, I mean fictitiously.
As many of you know, my name is LIZ, and I am the MOH. I have known J for 13 years, and I have never seen her happier than she is today. Except maybe this one time. J and I were in ATLANTIC CITY, and we went to JAIL. I was feeling GLAMOROUS, and J was doing everything in her power to ESCAPE. I will never forget what J told me: "LIFE IS MISERY." That's typical J: always STUPID. Another time she came close to being as happy as she is today was when she met B. They met at 7-11, and for their first date LAID PIPE. J called me afterwards to tell me how SLOPPY it was. This new person was LETHARGIC, HUNGRY, NEUROTIC. [dramatic pause] I could just tell something was different. There's a quote I've always held dear, and I feel it's appropriate today: "Joy is not in things; it is in us." J and B have found great joy in each other, and we're all fortunate to be sharing it with them today. May their happiness last forever.
23 April 2010
My family is doing an overhaul of the backyard ... which has included adding a vegetable garden. In the process of creating the garden an old Wild Cherry Pepsi can littered with bb shots was unearthed. Some people find coins, some find time capsules, some find dinosaur bones ... while others find rusty soda cans.
21 April 2010
This is the 3rd season I have watched American Idol. When season 7 stared, I challenged myself to watch the show from the first tryout to the finale ... and I did. And then I signed on last season, and I have for the most part kept up with this season. That being said, there is just something about AI that I find intriguing. Today was a first for me ... I pre-ordered Crystal Bowersox's performance from last night on iTunes ... which got me to thinking about my hands down favorite songs/ performances from the past 3 seasons ... which include:
20 April 2010
I currently have music crushes on the following bands/ people ... and I'll even throw in my favorite tunes that they do:
- She & Him - In the Sun, Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?
- Ben Folds - Hiroshima, You Don't Know Me
- Jonathan Sexton - Babylon, Love In My Heart
- Manchester Orchestra - Where Have You Been, Shake It Out
- The Heavy - How You Like Me Now?
- and even though it pains me to admit it ... I really like Hey Soul Sister by Train
- ok ok ... and Justin Bieber ... but only the song Baby ... don't tell anyone
19 April 2010
Ever since October it has seemed that someone has had a hex on me ... things just have not been going my way, such as:
- in October my beloved laptop completely bit the dust out of the blue
- in February my iPod was stolen out of my car
- my car broke down in March
- I accidentally broke my mom's digital camera a few weeks ago
- my cell phone is on it's last leg ... but is taped together for now
- ... seriously
- ... and lastly, I once again got the memo that to some I will always be nothing more than a fallback girl.
In conclusion, whoever has the voodoo doll with my name on it ... I'd really appreciate it if you quit sticking pins in it.
16 April 2010
04 April 2010
03 April 2010
- LP posts this link on my Facebook wall.
- ... what can I say, I dig MHL and ca$h money
- is there any better combination?
- as a result of clicking the link I continue to browse the UO site.
- my browsing turns into stalking the store.
- by the time I am done I have chosen a new spring/ summer wardrobe
- decorated my imaginary apartment
- picked out books
- a new duvet cover
- ... you know, the works.
- and I bought two tee-shirts
- ... that were on clearance.
02 April 2010
01 April 2010
While I did try and stay true to eating like a vegan during the 31 days of March ... there were a couple of times I sold my soul to the carnivore devil. I consumed:
- bread with cheese sprinkles on it ... to my credit ... I didn't realize it was cheese, I just thought it was seasoning
- pesto that included cheese ... I didn't realize until reading the ingredients after I was binging on it
- 2 Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies
- 2 small bites of tuna ... after a night of drinking
- 1 huge, delicious New York Strip Steak*
Label me this: food