- Sorry, the truth is not as nearly as scandalous as the title implies.
- Nonetheless, today I am officially an adult in the public library system.
- I have been an avid patron of the public library system since I was a kid and my mom would take me to Story Time.
- I have had a library card since I was 7.
- I have had my current library card since I was in the 7th grade ... when they upgraded from cardboard cards to fancy high tech laminated cards.
- I can remember when having to look something up in the catalog on the computer required you to,
- for author type, "a:/ Last Name, First Name"
- and to look up a title type, "t:/ Title of Book, The"
- [... kids these days don't have to think.]
- I am a big fan of the library book sales.
- I have continued to check out books on a fairly regular basis.
- yet somehow my account was never changed from a juvenile account to an adult account.
- until today, when I was returning 2 overdue books, and a seemingly indifferent city employee said, "oh, we need to upgrade your account, I see you're not a juvenile anymore, and juveniles don't have to pay fines ... must have slipped through the system."
- you're tellin' me, lady.
- so there you have it
- ... eligible for library fines,
- welcome to adulthood.
28 June 2011
24 June 2011
18 June 2011
I am a big fan of New York. There are songs about NY that I really like, and there are songs that I would enjoy listening to while walking around the bustling city, like:
- Jay-Z - Empire State of Mind
- Alicia Keys - Empire State of Mind Pt. 2
- Lady Gaga - Marry the Night
- Joe Purdy - The City
- Kings of Leon - Manhattan
- Local Natives - Wide Eyes
- Kid Cudi - Up Up & Away
- Hugo - 99 Problems
- Fitz and the Tantrums - MoneyGrabber
- Florence & the Machine - Cosmic Love
- Ace Frehley - New York Groove
- Nick Gilder - Hot Child in the City (thanks to Sex and the City)