cool nights; cold beer.
20 September 2012
- Gary Clark Jr. - Bright Lights
- Earth, Wind & Fire - September
- How Will I Know - Glee Cast Version
- I Hope This Gets to You - The Daylights
- Girl On Fire - Alicia Keys
- Missy Higgins - Don't Ever
- The Shins - Simple Song
- The Shins - It's Only Life
- Blow Me - Pink
- The Kooks - Naive
- Muse - Uprising
18 September 2012
I have come to realize that there are certain things that I tend not to finish. Typically they either become lost, expire, or I develope a sort of product boredom and therefore buy something newer, flashier, or better smelling. Thus, I always pat myself on the back when I completely conquer:
- a tube of Chapstick
- a can of bug spray
- ... actually any bottle of lotion
- a run of the mill no. 2 pencil
- a pad of Post-its
- a bottle of vitamins
17 September 2012
Any season that is not summer, I am complaining about it. This is not the first time. With the onset of September, I am currently suffering from my annual post summer disenchantment. I am, however, trying to look at the bright side:
- pretty leaves
- windows down/ open weather
- hot tea
- hot Starbucks drinks
- hoodie weather
- subtle cool wind
- ... very subtle
- ... ... actually never mind the cool wind
- ... especially cardigans
- September - Earth Wind & Fire
- after a summer of re-runs, new Jeopardy! shows
- fall reading
- football season
- post season baseball
- these words by E. Hemingway
- pumpkin beer
- pumpkin scented candles
- Hocus Pocus
16 September 2012
It has been a exactly a year! Today is the one year anniversary since this guy was hit by a car. I have mentioned him a few times. What started out as a terrible, horrible, traumatizing morning, ended up being a long and slow recovery, AND a year later, Del is livin' the high life.
|Del, fall 2011, during his recovery|
- is large
- ... he has put on some pounds, and is now a hefty 15.5 lbs.
- is uncoordinated, yet amusing to watch.
- still hasn't quite grown into his ears.
- looks angry a lot of the time, but he is a happy boy, I swear.
- loves to sleep
- loves to lounge
- loves to shred newspaper
- loves Temptations Cat Treats
- loves chasing moths and butterflies
We are so happy and thankful that he has made a full recovery; he has truly been a blessing to our family.
|Baby Delmar was one of the cutest kittens in the world.|
15 September 2012
14 September 2012
I posted this on Instagram [or Instagramed this?], but thought it was too good not to post again. I was at Target the other day and spotted this game:
It is a cup with a ping pong ball. The goal is to throw the ball in the cup. Sound familiar?
12 September 2012
I feel like I am constantly late to the party. Either because I think I am too cool for school and still have these delusions that not conforming is actually cool, OR because I am simply just lagging behind. Nonetheless, lately I have been playing the following [much of which is not new to the world, but new to my ears] nonstop on my iTunes, and finding great enjoyment in:
|Port of Marrow, The Shins|
|XX, The XX|
|The Ol' Razzle Dazzle, Missy Higgins |
[disclaimer: not nearly as good as, The Sound of White, but still okay]