31 October 2012
30 October 2012
Hurricane Sandy rolled through yesterday. She turned out to be a rather uneventful storm. In the big scheme of things, I suppose that is nothing to complain about.
During Sandy's lackluster wrath I:
- woke up.
- refused to put on real clothes.
- ... the rain and wind provided the perfect setting for a lazy Monday morning filled with cozy clothes, staying inside, and reading.
- checked the attic for leaks.
- was pleased that there were no leaks in the attic.
- consumed some delicious treats from McDonald's ... while I noticed that Starbucks, Taco Bell, and Chick-fil-a were shut down because of the storm, good ol' McDonald's was up and running.
- watched Men In Black.
- did not lose power.
- did not lose cable/ internet.
- was not flooded.
- watched Sandy get more angry as she moved up the coast.
- was happy to see Sandy go, and am now hoping for a quick clean up of all the areas that she hit hard.