I could not sleep last night, so naturally it made since to watch The Hunger Games on Netflix.
I went from being tired and unable to sleep, to being wide awake and annoyed ... more so by the movie than by the fact that I was awake.
The more I watch the movie, I find more things that bother me, like:
- UGH. Of all things to change, why would you not include Madge in the movie!?
- UGH. Hey, while you're busy erasing Madge, you should totally butcher, downplay, ruin, mar the way in which Katniss acquires the mockingjay pin.
- UGH. Katniss buying the mockingjay pin from Greasy Sae? ... lame.
- UGH. Peeta looks like such a wimpy dweeb.
- UGH. The shaky iPhone-esque footage capturing style while running around? --- it doesn't make me feel like I am part of the movie, it makes me feel seasick.
- UGH. Didn't the movie cost trillions of dollars to make? Some of that budget should have gone to making Katniss's fire dress look legit.
- UGH. The Cornucopia looks like a mediocre AP Art project.
- UGH. Way to not capture the depth and breadth of the bond Katniss and Rue shared.
- UGH. Way to not capture all the effort that Haymitch had to put into lining up sponsors for Katniss.
- UGH. Way to completely butcher the scene where Katniss finds Peeta in the mud. It was one of my favorite parts of the book. Thanks.